Company name: General Motors
Company url: https://www.gm.com/
Job location: Aurora, CO, USA
Warehouse workers are responsible for picking and shipping parts from a General Motors warehouse containing automotive parts. This includes staging, loading, unloading, stocking and maintaining the warehouse inventory.
Work requirements include:
• Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
• Operate warehouse equipment in connection with the receipt, storage and shipping of parts (sit down/ stand up fork truck, order selector). These vehicles could operate at heights of up to 35 feet.
• Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
• Stage parts for loading
• Load finished product onto truck and/or railcar
• Unload parts from truck and/or railcar
• Move parts to warehouse for storage
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
• Operate within standard operating procedures (SOS/JES), maintaining quality, safety, and productivity standards by adhering to the principles of the GMS-Global Manufacturing System
• Must be able to work in fast paced constantly changing environment
• Report for work on time to support startup and throughput goals
Additional Job Description
• This is a full-time position working as a direct employee of General Motors.
• Candidates must be willing to work any shift
• Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
• Weekend and holiday shifts are to be expected.
• The hourly pay rate for this position is $17.00.
• Bonus Potential: Profit Sharing opportunity and quality bonus potential
• GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Personal Savings Plan (401K), Flexible Spending Account, Supplemental Unemployment Benefits, accident benefits, life insurance, disability benefits, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, GM vehicle discounts and more. All available after 90 calendar days.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes a comprehensive assessment, hair drug testing, and a background check.
• At least 18 years of age
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Candidates must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.